Are you searching for the best battery powered leaf blower?
I prefer a cordless leaf blower vs a gas powered model for a number of reason, but the key is to select a high quality battery blower to avoid a lack of power and durability. I have reviewed the top models on the market and after reading this article you will know my recommendations.
Check the quick list below for links to customer reviews and prices for my picks, or read on for the full review:
- DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless Leaf Blower
- Greenworks 40V 185 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower Vacuum, 4.0 AH Battery Included
- Worx Turbine 56V Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor, 125 MPH and 465 CFM Output
- DEWALT DCBL770X1 FLEXVOLT 60V MAX Lithium-Ion Brushless Handheld Blower
- BLACK+DECKER LSW36 Lithium Sweeper, 40-Volt
Having a blower on hand allows you to easily clean up around your yard in the fall and after a hard storm. While electrical blowers are strong, I think that having a battery-powered blower is a great option. When you choose the best battery powered leaf blower on the market, then you won’t have to worry about how efficient your equipment is.
How to Choose the Best Battery Powered Leaf Blower
The most important thing to consider when looking for a battery-powered blower is the battery life and how long it will take to charge the battery. You don’t want to choose a blower only to find out that it won’t give you the power that you need to easily clean your entire yard.
By comparing battery power, life, and charging time, you can easily narrow down your choices to find the blower that will best fit your needs. Homeowners who have larger yards will obviously need blowers that have more powerful batteries. I think that this is one of the most important things to consider.
Additionally, I recommend that people pay attention to how durable the model is. There are certain brands that are well known for being much more durable than others. You want one that will provide you with plenty of power and will last for a very long time.
When you choose a blower that has a variable-speed motor, then you will be able to easily control how much air you are putting out and how much power you are draining from the battery. This makes it possible to use more power when dealing with wet or heavy debris and less when dealing with debris such as grass clippings. I find that adjusting my motor speed helps to save battery life.
Cordless Leaf Blower Benefits
When you opt for a battery powered leaf blower, then you will enjoy a number of advantages over traditional gas models. Many people turn to these blowers because they are so much better for the environment as they don’t release harmful fumes into the air when in operation.
Additionally, when you go with a cordless battery leaf blower, then you will have a lot more freedom to move around your yard at will when working. Instead of worrying about an extension cord holding you back and keeping you tied to the house or a heavy gas-powered model weighing you down, you can easily travel where you want to.
Finally, battery powered blowers are a lot quieter than other options on the market, which is great for users who don’t want to disturb their families or their neighbors. I love that I can get my yard work done early in the morning without bothering anyone because my battery-powered blower is just so quiet.
Features to Consider
It’s important to consider the size of your new blower and how easily you are going to be able to carry and to use it. Some blowers are very lightweight, which is great for petite users, but this can mean that they won’t offer the power that you need to easily clear debris around your home. I find that it can be a bit of a trade-off when looking for a lower-weight blower as they tend to be less powerful than heavier options.
Another attribute to consider is whether or not the blower comes with any attachments. The size of the blow tube plays a huge role in how concentrated your air is when operating your blower. When blowers come with attachments, then you can focus your air stream to more easily move heavy objects and debris.
Finally, consider if the blower you are looking at has a padded handle for extra comfort. This allows you to use the blower for longer periods of time without hand strain. My blower has a padded handle, which makes it easy for me to blow off large areas of my yard without fatigue.
How to Best Use Your Leaf Blower
Before using your new leaf blower, you must make sure that the battery is fully charged or you simply won’t have the power that you need to clean around your home, which is really frustrating. I recommend reading the manual that came with your new blower so that you can be sure that you charge the battery completely and get the best use out of your blower.
Even though these blowers are lighter than traditional gas models and therefore can feel almost as if they are toys, it’s important to remember that they are still major pieces of equipment. Make sure that you don’t let small children use the blower and prevent them from putting their hands near the air intake.
Also make sure to never blow air into someone’s face as this can be really dangerous. This is one reason why children should not ever be allowed to use a blower.
5 Best Battery Powered Leaf Blowers
DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower
DeWalt is known for producing high-quality yard equipment and the powerful motor in this blower gives it the power that most homeowners need for yard work. It has a maximum speed of 90 mph when blowing, which means that it can easily move large piles of leaves, grass clippings, and small twigs. The large output area is ideal for moving a lot of light items but it tends to struggle with heavier yard waste.
- Speed lock and variable trigger control
- Ergonomic design that minimizes arm stress
- 20 V lithium-ion battery and charger
- Axial fan design that maximizes air output
- It is not durable enough to handle heavy or wet leaves.
- Large output nozzle doesn’t concentrate the air in one location for maximum blowing power.
Greenworks 40V 185 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower Vacuum, 4.0 AH Battery Included
The easy push start on this blower ensures that even users who have problems with hand strength will be able to operate this equipment without any problems. Thanks to the turbo button, users can enjoy an extra boost of power when they need to move a lot of yard debris quickly. The lightweight design ensures that it is incredibly maneuverable and easy to handle.
- Brushless motor provides more power and torque.
- Variable speeds can reach up to 185 mph.
- It can easily handle dry and wet leaves.
- It features lots of settings for perfect use every time.
- It has very low vibration.
- It is only compatible with certain GreenWorks batteries.
- The battery drains quickly on “high” setting.
- There is a wait period to turn the blower on after turning it off.
Worx Turbine 56V Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor, 125 MPH and 465 CFM Output
The special Turbine fan technology of this blower ensures that it provides incredible air volume when in operation. It only weighs 8.1 pounds and features an ergonomic design that evenly distributes the weight so that users don’t quickly fatigue. Thanks to the one-handed operation, users can control the speed and select the turbo boost without slowing down.
- 90-minute charging time
- Powerful 56 V MaxLithium battery
- Cutout that allows the blower to be hung for storage
- 125 mph max air speed
- High-capacity air nozzle
- Battery tends to lose charge quickly and require more regular charging.
- It doesn’t always start when it is cold out.
- Low battery capacity limits run time.
DEWALT DCBL770X1 FLEXVOLT 60V MAX Lithium-Ion Brushless Handheld Blower
Thanks to the brushless motor on this blower and the power of the lithium-ion battery, it’s a great option for homeowners looking for the perfect combination of power and lower weight. The variable speed trigger makes it easy to choose the right amount of power for a job and to prevent running down the battery too quickly.
- Weight of less than 10 pounds
- 129 mph max air speed without concentrator attachment
- Ergonomic design for reduced stress
- Speed lock that makes it easy to power through jobs
- Concentrator attachment that increases air speed to 175 mph
- The battery takes a long time to charge.
- The battery charger isn’t very durable and can easily fail.
- The blower won’t always turn on unless the battery has a full charge.
- Powerful air intake can easily suck up clothing when held in the left hand.
BLACK+DECKER LSW36 Lithium Sweeper, 40-Volt
Thanks to the power controls on this blower, users can easily enjoy either max power or max run-time. It’s perfect for removing debris from hard surfaces around the house and features a built-in scraper on the blow tube to loosen stuck-on items. The soft grip handle prevents hand cramps and the low weight is great for petite users.
- It includes a powerful 36 V lithium-ion battery.
- It weighs under five pounds.
- It features incredibly low noise and is rated at 66 dBA.
- The battery recharges fully in just one hour.
- Lithium-ion battery has a long life.
- Is not recommended for use in flower beds or grass
- Tends to vibrate a lot
- Often makes a loud grinding noise when in operation
- Is not designed to move heavy yard debris
For more guides and tips read these articles:
My pick for the best battery-powered blower on this list is the DeWalt DCBL720P1. This is a great option for anyone looking for a powerful blower that has adjustable speed control and a smaller nozzle for great aim when moving debris. It’s powerful enough to move wet leaves but still weighs less than 10 pounds, which means that it’s a great option for smaller users or for using for extended periods. Thanks to the low noise level of just 61 dB, users don’t have to worry about bothering family members or their neighbors when using this piece of equipment.